Monday, March 8, 2010

A Tribute to Boppa





A year ago today I lost someone important to me, my grandfather; or as us grandchildren called him--Boppa. Boppa was the kind of person who could always cheer you up and would always come to your special events. Always the giver of advice or opinion and even if you didn't agree you knew that what he had to say was important. Boppa was, and still is, a great inspiration in my life. He was a hard worker his whole life, making sure his family always came before himself.

When we were growing up, he would always give us grand kids a quarter if we finished our meal. It may not mean much to some, but to us those quarters mean so much more--never take for granted the little things in life.

I am so lucky to have been blessed to have him in my life. I hope that one day I can be as much as an inspiration as he was to all those he met.

I tried writing a poem for today, but there is so much to say about Boppa that for now this is what I have been able to compose:

...even though I had
to say goodbye,
You'll forever be
my angel in the sky...

No comments:

Post a Comment