Thursday, February 18, 2010

Poetry Anyone?

Naked Trees

Mother Earth has stripped the trees.
They shiver and huddle together.
Their summer garments thrown
to the ground
as children laugh and play
building hills
of their tattered garments.
What once was bright--
reds, yellows, and greens,
is now torn and rotting.
The cold, stiff ground
will take these back,
salvaging what is left
of their summer glory.
For the trees that survive
Jack Frost's bitter winter
Mother Earth will be kind
and weave them new garments
for spring.

This was a poem I wrote about 2 years ago. I've tweaked it a bit since then and thought I would add it on here because it reminds me of the cold weather we've been having lately.

1 comment:

  1. Great, now I'm even colder than I was. Mother nature better be in the process of weaving new garmets.....just sayin ;-) Seriously, nice poem. You should continue adding some of your pieces, I know I'd like to read it.

    ReplyDelete